durling@ibm.net, R/T ??

From: j.ham (j.ham@CWIX.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 20:32:34 EDT

Durling@ibm.net,

        I have after market 15 x 7 wheels. They are all steel, look like two
piece have multiple holes around the center piece. I see alot of them on 4 x
4's and vans. I ordered them through a mail order tire outlet with tires
mounted and balanced for an excellent price. I had the chrome "sport" wheels
on mine too. Pretty cheesey looking and the stock tires are worthless in any
type of hard driving situations. The 255's stick really nicely in wet and
dry weather. There's chain clearance out back as well.

DML,

    What's the ruckus about trading in your R/T's??? I've been away for
awhile. Is this due to the tow rateing? I thought we'd figured out along
time ago that the low tow rateing had to do with the lowered siuspension.
    A brief expalnation would be appreciated.

    An update on the headers, and cat back exhaust from J.C. Whitney. I know
most of you guys are purists and would never buy from J.C. if it was the
last place on earth. Some of us have to do things on a budget. Again these
headers may not be as pretty as JBA's, but I look for function. The
Pacesetter units have healthy head flanges, and strong welds all around.
About a 2 hour installation. The cat back system came complete with hangers,
clamps and mandrel bent 2 1/2" pipe. It's a 1 in, 2 out, dual exhaust system
bent to go around the spare and exit out the rear on each side. The muffler
sure looks like a flowmaster. Rectangular can shape, 2 1/2" straight through
the muffler with zero obstructions. Gives a deep "big block" sound.
    For less than $350.00 for both, and about 6 hours total labor ( I took a
lot of tome measuring and fitting to be sure before I actually cut anything)
I am VERY satisfied. I don't really have any vast performance change input
as yet. I'll give an update after I've run it awhile. I can say that my 1-2
shift chirp is now a definate CHIIIIRP. We'll see how mileage is affected.

    So, any help on the Plug wires, or drive shaft question??

JonH