Re: Synthetics

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 12:37:46 EDT

The only thing to look out for is the ATF is more difficult to find for
Mopars... you need a 7176+ compatible... do not accept an additive that
claims to bring Dextron to this... I know Amsoil and Redline both have
synthetic 7176+ fluids, but you probably can't find any locally-

I run Mobil 1 in engine (5w-30) and in differentials (75w-90), but I did not
get the synthetic ATF... I used Valvoline 7176+ fluid, but it's not
synthetic... I did run Mobil 1 ATF in the xfer case, where Dextron is
allowable. I haven't given any thought to using synthetic P/S fluid...
maybe if I had to flush the system for some reason, but I don't think it's
worth the work to swap it out, since my truck has a P/S fluid cooler.

Gary Shook