Toy Tundra Review --- compare to Ram????

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 21:18:12 EDT

I resent the comparison... last time Toyota tried (T100) it was an ok
truck.... until you tried to use it as a truck... popular mechanics did
(IMHO) the best comparison testing of all the 1/2 ton trucks available on
the market.. they got a standard optioned extended cab truck from everyone
who made one.... put them through their paces (0-60, 60-0, slalom, etc) and
then put 1500 Lbs in the bed and did it again...

The T100 was up there on 0-60, had the best 60-0 and very good slalom
performance... until they put the weight in the bed... then it was DEAD LAST
in all categories... they said the braking and cornering were "bordering on
dangerous" with the load in the bed.

Unless they've addressed that problem... I haven't seen a test with the
tundra where they load it up yet... It's still not a truck!

Gary Shook