160 degree Termostat.

From: gmvega (gmvega@gateway.net)
Date: Sun Jul 25 1999 - 23:56:18 EDT

Hey guys,

Just installed a 160 degree thermostat today on my 98 R/T. I had been using
a 180 stat, but decided to try to cool off the engine a bid. Driven about
40 miles and have seen no big difference in power or temperature. The
engine still runs just barely touching the 210 mark, which I figure, is
approximately 170 - 180 degree. I even put a bottle of water wetter but can
see no big difference yet. Even on the highway, it didn't drop lower. Any
comments?

By the way, I'm running a JET II, which should handle it.

Gilbert Vega '98 BL CC R/T