Dak Accident

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 07:20:33 EDT

Hi All,

I came across this on another mailing list and thought I'd pass it on, along
with a couple of pics. I sure hope this wasn't anyone on our list :(

"Well to make a long story short, I was headed back on base (Air Force)
headed down a 2 lane road, the sky was over cast, so there wasn't any
sun shine out. A older guy (in the Dakota) was headed toward me in the
other lane and was planning on making a left turn into a driveway (his
left). The guy didn't have his turn signal on or anything, just turned
X-my lane headed into the drive way. Well I had 82' to stop. I've
heard that at 50mph, you travel 77' a sec. I was traveling between
40-50mph. So needless to say... I flew over the dakota, and head first
into a oncoming Toyota. Well you seen the pictures. The accident was
on April 26th of this year. I spent 8 days in the hospital, suffered a
broken Femur, shattered right foot, broken wrist. The Dr's couldn't
figure how I survived the accident, and figured it must have been the
helmet. They said it must have been because it was a top dollar
helmet. THANK YOU SHOEI! I've been out of work for about 3mo's. I am
hoping not to have to go back to work until Aug 17. I guess we will
see.

Oh, the Bike was a complete loss, and the dakota was close."

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/7252/dakota/corey.htm

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd