Re: emission laws and stupid crap!

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 09:10:47 EDT

Mike -

Do you know what the number one contributor of Ozone-Depleating gases is
(specifically R-12 refridgerant) ? Nope , it's grocery stores !

Before you say "BULLSHIT!" , here is the reason .

Next time you go to your local Supermarket , take a look at all of the
coolers they have ; coolers for milk , coolers for beer , coolers for eggs
, meat , fish ..... These places are full of freaking coolers !!

Now , anyone wanna guess what they use in those coolers for refridgerant ?
You're right , they use R-12 , which is a known Ozone-Depleating agent .

Now , here is the good part :

Think about how many coolers must be in your store alone , then think about
how many grocery stoers , or any stores with coolers , there must be in the
United States alone .

While you're at it , think about the fact that not one of these stores is
going to replace their brand new R-12 coolers just because it might make
you tan a little faster .

Another part of this is that most of these coolers , unless they are brand
spankin' new , leak R-12 like there is no tomorrow !!

OK , on to vehicles :

Edelbrock did a campaign a few years back in which *THEY PROVED* that a
properly tuned performance engine , even with heavy exotic mods , would
still comply with most all of the current emissions specifications .

Boog is right , the problem is not the guy that has a 426 HEMI in his 99
Caravan (at least as far as emmisions!) , it's the person in that '81
Rabbit Deisel that hasn't had a wrench turned on it since about 1987 , or
it's that person in the '79 Granada that hasn't had the oil changed ,
*EVER* .

At 10:30 PM 7/28/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 7/28/99 12:38:37 PM EST, mcrumley@airmail.net writes:
>

>> You answered your own question, they "made everything illegal" because
>> emissions suck. Wanna be able to do what ever you please without regard
for
>> the environment or your fellow man? I hear Mexico City is nice this
time of
>> year. On good days you can actually stay outdoors for a few minutes
without
>> choking or becoming ill. Personally, I hope you never find what you're
>> looking for. I don't mean to be harsh but some of us actually care about
>> the air we breathe.
>> Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
>Well then tell me Mike, why do people with perfoemance vehicles have to
>suffer the fate of a whole ignorant race, those who dont even know what
>"tune up" means. For example, I was stuck behind a diesel Ferd today that
>spewed out burned oil fumes every time he let off the pedal. Ten miles an I
>could feel a headache coming on! Oh by the way, Diesel engines are emission
>exempt. WTF! That guy put out more shit in ten minutes then I will ever
put
>out in ten years, even if I had a Hemi in my truck! Ya know why??? If I saw
>that shit comming out of my truck, I would correct it! Yeah its the rings,
>but I would still rebuild it. Why dosent he??? He is exempt of emmissions
>and dosent give a shit!
>Performance oriented vehicles, stay tuned! They run the best they can!
>Owners keep them that way. You should be looking for the ignorant ones,
like
>the mercedes diesels that spew out black smoke all the time, but they dont
>care, they are old rich people... Hey Dodge has put cats on their diesels
>just to help comply with emissions. They dont have to ya know.
>Allright, enough said!
>BOOG

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html