Re: backspacing-17" wheels

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Mon Aug 02 1999 - 23:08:09 EDT

If you subscibe to Sport Truck back in sept.-nov. of '98 there was a '91-'96
dak in there like ours with a white and purple paint theme on it with I
believe the size wheels you are looking for. I agree the tire is the biggest
problem from looking around myself but his truck was lowered with a 4-6 drop
and the tires filled up the wheel wells. I'll look for the mag in my office
at work tomorrow. I am looking for the same thing but I would really want a
set of r/t wheels. I know I said in anotherpost that they will not work but
truth is that was only from playing with the specs on the wheels. I wish I
knew of someone here in s. florida with an r/t so I could put one wheel on
the front and rear and see where it was rubbing and if it could be fixed. I
would do this with the stock tire size to have a starting point. Already
tried the local dealer but no takers yet. Good Luck!

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport