Re: RE: RE: New at this.

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 15:10:30 EDT

<< problem here, torch-cutting/welding skills nonexistent. so would have to
 have it installed. how much do you think it would cost to get done?
 probably alot.
 the long wheelbase/small tire effect and low clearance is
 starting to piss me off alot. anybody out there with a lifted dakota have
 advice? >>

Haha, I hear ya here. I have dragged my bumper over rocks too many times. I
am waiting till spring of 2000 to revamp my Dakota. I have priced the 4"
TrailMaster kit to be installed and its around $750 just to install it. No
biggie, after 108,000 miles mow(120,000ish in the spring) the truck is due
for a new suspension. I plan on using the 4" lift kit, 2 shocks are each
corner(option with the kit), front steering stabilizers, HD Sway-A-Way
torsion bars, 32" BFGs with new rims of course. Then I will have to swap out
the 3.55 gears for 3.9 gears to help restore the lost power from the bigger
tires. Hey, it is alot cheaper than a new Dak and after 5+ years of modiying
my Dak, I will have the truck I have always wanted. I will hope to spend
somewhere around $5,000, depending on what else I want to do. A new 3.9 V6
may also be in the project.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6