RE: RE: Re: RE: RE: R+D vs. QUICK D....Throttle bodys

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 23:46:13 EDT

Also depends on what you plan of doing with it (ex: where you want the
powerband)

The TB's still work like the old Carbs where you can use a smaller bore
(lower CFM) for lower RPM torque or large bore (higher CFM) for high RPM HP.
This has also been proven on Dynos, Tracks, and Offroad. You'll very rarely
see an Offroad Jeep (or truck) using a large bore TB or Carb...same thing
goes for the larger bore TB or Carb on 1/4 milers who just want the HP for
faster e.t's.

I don't disagree that there may be better TB's out there. That's why i'm so
adamant about purchasing a F&B (and also a QuickD) TB for comparison testing
on my V6 Dak.

- Bernd