Re: Homebrew TB was: F&B TB pics???

From: Blbridges@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 11:33:48 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/99 10:50:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
GSWillhite@ualr.edu writes:

<< Granted this is not as good as F&Bs, R&Ds or that other
 guy...uh...whats his name? Oh yeah! Jules...but, It gets you there
 almost as fast. By the way, for newbies, Jon posted Kuk's TB mod
 information on the DML long ago. 2 yrs ago, I did my 97 V6 TB Kuk's way
 using the dremel, but upgraded to a drill press with special milling
 bits to do a satisfying job (not as good as a machine shop). I have a
 '98 318 now and my TB bores are balanced and polished. All the machine
 shop did was mil the bores and I did the rest. Its a work of art that
 several chebbies and ferds didn't appreciate. If you've got the follow
 up tools and knowhow, go for it.

 GS - >>
GS,
Not true! The gains are JUST AS GOOD! HOME BREW TBS WORK!!! This is good
advice that will save all of you even more $$$ Ive seen some great posts from
Mark K, Mike and others regarding home made TB mods. If you cant wait and
feel the need to express yourself, Start grinding (but it is a good idea to
get eh bores reamed by a shop!)
Bruce