Re: How does the Dak monitor intake air quantity/volume?

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 11:45:22 EDT

>This brings me to my question again: How does the Dak measure intake
>air volume?

Si , Speed Density , Senior .

  If it is a Speed
>Density system aren't we running the risk of being too lean as mods are
>added?

Yep , we are........but the only way to know for sure is to try it out .
This is why we can't just slap stuff all over them like the ford crowd.

Isn't this a little dangerous on a vehicle that is prone to
>detonate already (in its stock configuration)?

Yes and no . No , it is not good for it if your vehicle runs lean forever ,
but a short instance , say when you try a new mod , shouldn't hurt
it......unless of course it detonates under booste or on juice , hehe .

  Doesn't this mean that
>all the gains that are seen with exhaust systems and intakes, can they
>be greater if the computer could fully adjust for them?

You got it . Now you know why I would like to have a computer like the
Auburn Performance Speed Brain .I would be able to do Turbos too .

>Sorry for all the techno mumbo jumbo and questions, but I just want to
>get a little more grunt out of my truck AND understand how the Dak
>accommodates mods.

No-one learns if they do not ask questions .

>Mike Pahls
>Toy - '93 Sentra SE-R (210HP from 2.0 liters)
>Work Horse - '97 Dak 4x4 SLT+ CC (230HP from 5.2 liters)

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html