Re: Re: V8 Chubby S-10

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 22:15:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/99 8:49:49 PM EST, bgbeaird@neosoft.com writes:

> According to Mark McPhail, an engineer at GM Motorsports, GM is having
> enough problems meeting CAFE standards with all the full-sized trucks
> they are selling. Although they would REALLY like to sell a V-8 S-10,
> don't look for a S-10 with a V-8 from the factory for some time.

According to a sales brochure, they are offering the 4.3 V6, a 4.8 v8 with
270 HPat 5200rpm (redline), a 5.3 w/285 HP at 5200, and a 6.0 w/300HP at
4800 but the 6.0 is the only one offering torque curves...355 lb/ft @4000 RPM
then it drops big time.THis is at about a 175HP rating, but from 1200rpm to
4800, the torque curve is relatively flat...thats only on the 364. If they
put a V8 in the S10, then it would be the 4.8. I dont know what it sputters
out.
What it will come down to is corporate EPA gas milage ratings...Dodge went
through this when they introduced the V10, they had to cut production in the
RAMs just to meet the EPA rating, also, why do you think its so hard to find
a 97-99 318 Dakota????
Glad I have an ol 92!
Boog