Re: Exhaust -- F+B TB

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 1999 - 07:57:24 EDT

At 12:40 AM 8/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Ran into a old buddy of mine that's driving a 98 Ram 360. We started
>talking about exhaust mods and he informed me that he's just running
>straight pipes from the cat-back. No muffler at all. I would think you
>would have to have a muffler in order to provide some back-pressure. Am I
>wrong? He say's he noticed quite an improvement after he cut the muffler
>off. Actually sounded pretty good. And does anyone have Frank + Bruce's
>url for their TB work? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Bruce would the contact person. His email address is:
      B&LBridges <blbridges@home.com>

An Indy Ram runs at the track that I go to. Over the past winter, he
had extensive, custom exhaust work done including dumps. I asked him
if he had any significant gains running the 1/4 with the exhaust open.
He said 'not really' so he runs with the exhaust closed. I think that
his exhaust is now true duals with no cats as he has been trailering
the Indy Ram lately. If I make it to the track tomorrow (calling for
60% showers), I'll see exactly what he had done.