Re: Dodge Power Programmer III(Bob)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 1999 - 19:07:54 EDT

At 06:08 PM 8/7/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Is this an alternative to the Jet or Mopar Computer? Does this
>include a HP increase or only the benefits you listed

The Power Tuning Module is a hand-held programmer which allows you
to 'alter' some of the factory settings in the truck's computer
within limits determined by HyperTech.

The following is the press release that is on their site. I
was not able to print if off earlier as my LaserJet does not
have enough memory for the job.

  Power Tuning Module for ‘96-‘99 5.2/5.9L Dodge Trucks, SUVs,
  and Jeep Grand Cherokees.

  Now, with the addition of the new Dodge Power Tuning Module,
  all owners of ‘92-‘99 Dodge V8 trucks, SUV’s, and Jeep Grand
  Cherokees can enjoy the benefits of Hypertech Power Tuning.

  The Hypertech Power Tuning Module for Dodge Ram, Dakota, Durango,
  and Jeep Grand Cherokee delivers the most power of any bolt-on
  tuning device available. On our dynos, Hypertech develops perfectly
  calibrated ignition timing curves for maximum horsepower and torque.
  Results? Dyno tests show not only substantial horse-power gains, but
  also 10-15% low RPM torque gains as well…precisely where these vehicles
  are used for situations like towing, hauling, off-roading, or even daily
  street driving.

  Designed for rugged use, the Hypertech Power Tuning Module is waterproof,
  shockproof, and easy to install. All this technology is bundled in a
  show worthy, billet aluminum case displaying the Hypertech Power Tuning.

This tuning module would be an alternative to Jet or Mopar computers.
You would be able to optimize the engine's performance to suit your
specific needs.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red