Re: TV cable 101 (Jack)

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 12:43:16 EDT

"W. Jack Hilton III" wrote:

> OK ,I finallyt went out and started playing with the TV cable on my truck
> because whenever I am at the track , the damn thing shifts like it hasn't
> had enough Geritol *right* before the end of the run , which I think hurts
> my times .
>
> So I had read that it is the cable on the TB which is on the pass. side and
> runs from the TB back towards the firewall . I take the little clip off and
> ever so slightly move the cable back just a bit and try it . To be hinest ,
> the only thing i noticed was that the gas pedal was a bit harder to push
> down at WOT , other than that , nothing better .
>
> What am I doing wrong here ?
>
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
>
> W. Jack Hilton III
>
> HEMI@charter.net
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html
>
> ICQ#: 32611901
>
> AOL Instant Messenger: "DwnSth69"
>
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hey Jack,
I also adjusted my TB cable (twice). The first time I couldn't get it out more
than about 1/8" ( I was at the end and couldn't get anymore). Result: seemed
the same or maybe holding the shifts a little longer. When I went for my trans
service I asked the dealer to look at it. He confirmed that I couldn't go
anymore because there weren't anymore locking grooves left, I was at the end.
So......when I went home I took a measurement, then wacked the bracket back
gently with a 2' pc of wooden dowl.
I knocked it back another 1/4". It now definitely holds the shifts longer but I
also feel that tightness in the pedal at the WOT position. I think its a little
too far and the TV cable is acting as the throttle stop. I may bring it back a
1/16 or so closer to were it originally was.
Regards
Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metallic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Sport Masters