Re: Exhaust question?

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 11 1999 - 14:39:17 EDT

<< Any muffler with packing material will clog up eventually...108K
 miles...it's probably not flowing as good as it can. I mainly suggest
 flowmaster since i've had a lot of experiences with them (not only on my
 Dak but at previous shops as well as previous personal vehicles). Borla,
 Walker (DynoMax), and Gibson also are very good mufflers >>

So since this packing clogs up(over time), would it just be better to look
for mufflers that have either internal packing and look for baffled/chambered
mufflers, such a Flowmaster and Gibson? I know penty of places that sell
FlowMaster, but who sells just Gibson mufflers? Anyone know how a Gibson
sounds on a V6 Dak? I guess it is either a Gibson(depending on the price) or
a 3 chambered Flowmaster. I am interested in higher flowing rates, but would
also just like a little more noticable sound/tone.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6