318 - 360 engine difference

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 22:32:30 EDT

I have a theoretical question....What exactly is th edifference between
the 318 and the 360 engines? In the future I plan on doing some more
extensive mods and was just curious what the difference is. I know the
heads are different but is I wanted to convert my engine to a 360 what
else would I have to purchase to do just a basic change. I'm sure new
pistons but according to the mopar performance catalog alot of the parts
are interchangable including the valves and the block. BTW, what got me
started is I keep looking at the 360 ported and polished heads and was
wondering what else it would require to switch over. I did try to look
through the archives to see if I could find anything but didn't find
much. If this sounds stupid please forgive me. I used to know alot about
chevy blocks and thier interchangablity when I was into them but I am a
little confused on the mopar blocks.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport