RE: RE: going from 3.90 to 4.10 gears

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 14:34:27 EDT

No, it is not true.
The gear ratios for your Front & Rear Diffs. in a 4x4 need to be the same or
else you'll screw the drive line up pretty quickly. Unfortunately this is
also the reason gear changes on 4x4's are so pricey. Gotta change both sets
(if you ever plan on using the 4x4).

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI