RE: CompCam or Hughes Cam vs. Emissions?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 1999 - 11:26:16 EDT

Thanks Bill,
Hopefully Kuk and Patrick will read the post and come back with a reply. So
tell me how you like the 602? Do you have to take it through emissions?
I've had Mopar Tech, Koller, and CompCams tell me it wasn't necessary to
replace the springs and retainers. They said if it makes me feel better to
go ahead and do them, but they weren't necessary.

I will give CompCams credit though. They seemed to know what they were
talking about when I spoke to them several months ago when I initially
called about the cams. They told me their springs and retainers were not
correct for Chrysler engines. Recommended going to Mopar for the proper
parts.
Thanks again,
Rich - Ashburn, VA