Re: CompCam or Hughes Cam vs. Emissions?

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 14 1999 - 16:35:56 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/99 11:36:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com writes:

<< They said if it makes me feel better to
 go ahead and do them, but they weren't necessary. >>

I would definately replace the valve springs, even with a roller rocker
change. Even the R/T spring isn't that tough, it's only rated to lifts up to
.520", so you're pushing it if you run the .512" lift Comp Cam like I do.

FWIW - I just broke one of my R/T springs, so, a spring upgrade might be in
everyone's best interest if they haven't already :-)

ttyl
Patrick