Re: Electrical Problems

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 1999 - 11:33:53 EDT

At 11:33 PM 8/13/99 -0500, you wrote:
> [snip]
>Driving away the ABS light came on, along with the Brake light.
> [snip]
>(BTW I don't have 4 wheel ABS...just rear ABS) I have a 98 4x4
>CC 5.2 Auto.
> [snip]
>Oh, the ABS light doesn't come on immediately. I start the truck
>..all the lights come on as normal and go out as normal. About 2
>minutes later, the ABS and brake lights light up. I haven't checked
>to see if they come on just sitting and idling in the driveway.
>They also come on when I haven't hit the brake pedal yet.
>[snip]
>Drew

The first ABS on/off light is a bulb test. After the bulb test,
the CAB (Controller Anti-lock Brake) turns the lamp on or off
based upon the results of the ABS self-tests. The lamp turning
on the second time indicates that the CAB has detected a system
malfunction and/or that the ABS system has become inoperative.

When you write that the brake lights light up, I assume that
you mean the brake lights in the rear. If you mean the red brake
lamp warning lamp in the dash, this means that the base brake
system is not operating normally.

Suggest that you get your truck to a garage asap. Hope this helps.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red