Re: MSD Install and plugs

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 22:59:17 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/99 10:28:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tigers@bserv.com writes:

<< Your mods suggest that you are performance oriented. If so, the
 direction is to open the gap a bit. If economy oriented, the direction
 is close the gap a bit. >>

I would try .060 at first if you are using the Magnecor's or a fresh set of
"low resistance" wires , stock wires , stick to .050 like you said ... I run
my gaps at .045 on my Blown SS/T with the MSD 6AL BTM and the KV85
competition cables over the recomended .030-035 for Blown applications, and
it still burned better.

If you're going to go through the trouble of dialing in your spark plug gaps,
you might want to check into indexing the plugs as well.... you'll find
another marginal increase there, too.

ttyl
Patrick
http://members.aol.com/rdperform