Re: Was BFG AT's...Now Body Lifts

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 18:48:58 EDT

Dennis,

  Thanks for the support. I have thought about doing it myself, but I would
hate to get to a "point of no return" (i.e. the steering shaft is unhooked)
and not be able to finish the job. The only thing that bothers me is that
the kit comes with a steering shaft extension and a transfer case extension
that must be welded in. I do have access to a welder and have done some
welding before...but this makes me nervous. If everyone says it is an easy
job and to do it myself, I can get some help. Any words of wisdom/support
would be appreciated. Also, (sorry for all the ?s) I am having a hard time
finding out what size tire will fit after the install. Some people say
32s...others say 33s with no problems. I talked to P.A. and they refuse to
comment. Thanks for all the help...I promise to give everyone a ride after I
get it installed. The ultimate goal is to install the 3" body lift
now...once I move to N.C. next month I want to install the 5.5" Tuff Country
lift.

Russ