Ted's ticking noise.

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 23:51:17 EDT

" Patrick, Kelly, you were right on.. Unbelieveable how an exhaust leak
at
the header could sound like a sitcky lifter, bent push rod etc..I've had

this
for a month and thought I'd have to pull the intake, Etc..
        My Daddy always said give credit where is due, and Its due To
You
Two..
    Damm, I think I'll be able to get a good nights sleep tonight..
            Thanks a million, Ted O.
    P.S. believe me I looked for this and it was just one bolt That
somehow
missed, But a friend said go over them while the motors very hot, That's

how "

-Ted, thanks for giving credit where credit is due!!! So I will too.
Kelly makes me the MAN that I am, but Firestone makes me the MECHANIC
that I am!!!
  Now, if you want to get rid of the noise forever, go get a set of
drilled header bolts and properly safety wire them, and you'll never
tighten them again. Oh, and another trick is to soak the gaskets over
night before you install them. I haven't tried this in about 10 years,
so I dont know if it'll work on the current generation of header
gaskets, but boy did it work when I was a whipper-snapper!
Patrick