Re: All kinds of lift help

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 15:31:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/99 1:41:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
j.mooberry@lmco.com writes:

<< If I put the 4" trail master kit on my '94 4x4, what's the best size tire
 run? She'll take of the line like a slug after the lift and new tires,
 right? What gears would maintain about the same effective ratio as with the
 215/75s? What kind of prices am I looking at for purchase and install of
 new gears? Can anyone speak from experience? Sorry so many questions. I
 hope somebod can help. >>

First off, are you sure you have LT215's on your Dak? My 93 came with
LT235's, and that is the stock factory size. My plan, after I lift it 4" with
the TrailMaster kit and I will run 32's will be to swap out the 3.55 gears
and install the tallest available gears in both differentials, being 3.90
gears. I have searched alot and have found only 3.90 gears available for our
Generation 2 Daks, and this is from the dealer; no one else makes them. In my
opinion, buying the gears from the the dealer is no big deal, just as long as
I can get them when I need them. Not sure on prices though. I plan on
spending around $5,000 with the lift, lift installation, tires, rims, HD
torsion bars and the front and rear gear swap.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6