15 X 7 Wheels (backspacing and fitment)

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 16:31:51 EDT

Okay - I've got a '92 2WD with the stock 6" wide wheels. I'd like to latch
onto a set of 15 x 7 factory wheels in order to fit some wider tires than
will fit on my current wheels. I know we've been through this before - but
who knows what differences (if any) there are between the backspacing on the
7" wheels and the 6" wheels. The stock 6" wheels almost touch the front
upper control arm as is, so will the 7" wide wheels work or not. I know the
15 x 8" wheels will not work without some kind of spacer and longer wheel
studs.

SteveM.