Re: Mopar Pulleys was: Gas Mileage poll: Dakota Sports

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 10:02:10 EDT

Ed:

I'll look forward to hearing your results. I was very impressed with GS's
results and realize they didn't just come from the pully, but
nonetheless, it is a contributing factor.

I don't know if you saw the article in this month's Mopar Performance
News about sleeper engines. Anyway, they referrred to the MP pullies as
aluminum "reduced ratio" pullies. Perhaps the ratio is so slightly
reduced from stock that it appears and/or performs like stock but just
weighs less. I don't know. I know some on the list have mentioned that
the MP cam is pretty mild. Perhaps some wuss was in charge of Mopar
Performance Parts and didn't want to veer too far from stock. It appears
from the results that Lee Carducci is getting with the NASCAR trucks and
the Mark Kinser World of Outlaws engines that things are changing and
definitely for the better. Now, we just have to wait to see this stuff
hit the streets! I think Carducci is the right guy and we will see
performance parts coming to market faster than they did in the past.

On an interesting sidenote, I ran across an article last week from
country.com reporting that DC had submitted the engine used in Kinser's
WOO car to NASCAR and, of course, NASCAR rejected it as it was so far
advanced from the SB2 chabbies and the current 4duh's. THis is consistent
with NHRA and NASCAR's history with Mopar, if you can't beat 'em, outlaw
'em.

ttyl,

Richard in SA