Re: Gas Mileage poll. What do you guys get? (15.8 here)

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 06:12:09 EDT

Jason, many factors come in to play here. I have 3.92 gears
as well and expected much lower mileage than I'm getting. I
know some R/T owners with close to your same setup getting 18
to 20mpg hwy (I think Jack Hilton was one). On the other hand
I know of one NUT (not a DML member) who installed true duel
exhaust w/o cats on a stock 97 V6. Of course his torque plummeted
and he gets 12 mpg!! DOH! I have a hard time believeing your
trucks not capable of getting better mileage with similar DML
proven mods.

GS -