Re: SWR Meter Question

From: Rick Pargeter (rparge@teleport.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 1999 - 11:16:56 EDT

This is just one of those .02 answers. Take if what it's worth. <g> For each
junction or connector you have, you will get some leakage. I don't think
that the meter itself sucks all that much, (although certainly it is not
self powered, so it is getting it's energey to move the meter from your RF
output), but now you got 2 more couplings in the cable, adding to RF
leakage.

I'm not saying go out and get a new CB, either, but FWIW, I've got a Cobra
29LTD that has an SWR meter built in. Just flip the switch to see where you
are.

HTH
Rick