Re: How common are R/T's where you are from?

From: Ryan T. Grimes (rugbynut@mpdr0.chicago.il.ameritech.net)
Date: Sun Aug 22 1999 - 23:30:20 EDT

I just moved to the north-west suburb of Chicago (Carol Stream) and
while I have only noticed a couple of RT's I have noticed TONS of
Daks. Most of them are 97+ but aren't altered in any way. Most are
bone-stock v6's, some are 4x4's, but most aren't. However, my old
neighborhood in Western Springs (near LaGrange and Hinsdale to
Chicago folk) there were NO TRUCKS at all. Hinsdale was pathetic
because I would drive by the high school going to work and coming
home every day and the kids would be driving their Jeep Grand
Cherokees, Jeep Wranglers, and expensive sports cars around. Made me
wanna run over a few.........

>Just curious... just how many R/T's do you guys see in whatever area you guys
>are from?
>
>I'm about 30 minutes west of Detroit, and I have definately seen quite a few
>since I have owned mine...
>
>Just a rough guess, but I would say I've probaly seen about 25 or so
>DIFFERENT R/T's since I got mine in March and started keeping my eyes open.
>
>I do see the occasional "repeat", but I only know of one other guy
>specificaly that has one... his is pretty nice... CC with stripes.. but..
>I've talked to him, and he doesn't seem to familiar with the "performance"
>side of modifications.
>Lets just say, my questions about pulleys and K&N kinda went over his
>head.....
>

>Anyways, the reason I ask, is often I see you guys on here say "hey, I was
>driving down I-bla bla on monday at 5:00 and saw a Red R/T... was that anyone
>on here?" If I asked that every time I saw an R/T, I would be posting
>every few days....

Ryan T. Grimes
Rugby-[CMG]
Clan Mac Gaming