RE: Was Cowl Hoods - Now Header Heat

From: Muscara, Anthony F (MuscaraAF@state.gov)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 11:43:59 EDT

Speaking of keeping cool with headers...

I was looking in Summit and saw an exhaust wrap product from DEI (Design
Engineering) that is supposed to keep the heat from getting to the engine
compartment. It's asbestos free. They're selling a 50 foot roll of it for
$34.99 (for the 2" wide tape, 1" wide is $24.99.) Just wondering if
anyone's had experience with this stuff. How well does it work? Are there
similar products which are cheaper but work as well? Is 50ft enough to do a
set of V8 headers?

Thanks alot.

Anthony