Possible Sensor Failure

From: Bryan West (BryanW@huscointl.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 08:34:19 EDT

I have a '99 sprt 4x4 cc 318 5-spd, 10" open element air cleaner and
removed muffler. Last night I noticed it started idling just a little
high. Around 1000 RPM instead of around 600 RPM, then the infamous
check engine light came on. I haven't had a chance for the dealer to
pull the fault code out yet, but I believe it could be the idel air flow
sensor. has anyone else had problems with this after installing an open
element air cleaner? I suspect the sensor may not be able to handle the
under hood temperatures without the factory air hat or a similar
replacement. If anyone knows something let me know, either through the
list or private E-mail: bryanw@huscointl.com

-Bryan