RE: Subject: Anyone running 30lb injectors?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 11:17:12 EDT

Thanks Mark,
Appreciate your experience and input.
Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Markram123@aol.com [mailto:Markram123@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 1999 1:12 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: RE:Subject: DML: Anyone running 30lb injectors?

i have (10 injectors...8 for the engine 2 auxilliary for the supercharger)
30lb injectors on my highly modified ram...it has approx 500hp... in my
opinion 30lb injectors are overkill on a medium modified ram or
dakota...unless you are going to run a high lift cam (above .520
lift),ported
 heads and a 4 barrel throttle body 30lbers are just too much...even with 24

lb injectors you should(you dont have to) get a custom pcm reprogram, if you

dont you will run way too rich at idle,,foul out plugs and risk not passing
emmissions!!! heres a link to get that done..
                     http://www.maxrpm.com/

as far as i know i am the only person who has successfully run 30lb
injectors
and the mopar performance 4 barrel throttle body..with a (custom)stock
engine
management unit...i drive my truck daily (30-40 miles per day)
...i get 17mpg and run 12 sec 1/4 miles in racing trim (13's on the
street)...
i attribute this to my custom program and a few tricks i pulled to get the
computer to think all is well... do yourself a favor get an air fuel ratio
gauge($140), remember any change you make will upset the whole balance of
your tuning,sometimes requiring a reprogram..if you arent running lean you
dont need bigger injectors... good luck!!!

Is anyone running 30lb injectors? If so, are you satisfied with them? Are
they to big for proper atomization? I am ready to purchase a set of 24's or
30's, and am looking for a little first hand feedback. They will be
augmenting a fair number of existing mods. Thanks.
Rich - Ashburn, VA