Re: Gibson Exhaust + K&N ?'s

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 12:24:41 EDT

I personally run a Flowmaster Single-IN/Dual-OUT (2") with the 3" "Megs"
tips and have not seen (or felt) any performance losses. After modifying
the K&N Gen-II to the V6 (Body lift required modifications to the Gen-II),
there is a noticeable, smoother acceleration than with the "Home-Grown"
Intake Tube. (Pictures of the Gen-II are on my site as well...and a Super
eRam setup for a 1psi boost as well.)

If you're looking for more power, Exhaust, Intake, and Throttle Body
modification is highly recommended.

At 12:08 PM 08/26/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/25/99 4:03:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kmiller@cvn.net
>writes:
>
><< So here's question #1
>
> I'm new to the V-6 world, so what exhaust are you guys running on your
> trucks that are split rear? Any opinions on the Gibson Super Truck
> exhaust?
> >>

>One of the things I've recommended to alot of my customers (and it's alot
>cheaper than a cat-back by far) is to have a local muffler shop bend you a
>cat-back exhaust, or, have them replace the stock muffler with a 1in2out
>Flowmaster, then have them make the exits however you want. Most people run
>the larger 2.5-3.0" chrome tips, which look slick.
>
>Of course there's still the pipe from the cat to the muffler - but you don't
>want to go too crazy on the exhaust side (esp. if it's an auto w/ highway
>gears) because you will notice a drop in the low end torque.
>
><< I just wanna get more power, so is it worth going with the gen II?

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC (V6)