RE: heater switch

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 1999 - 10:56:17 EDT

> Has anyone heard of a resistor under the hood somewhere that
> would make the
> heater/AC blower malfunction? The switch will work on HIGH but no other
> speed.......SOmeone suggested that it is a resistor under the hood that
> typically goes bad.....If there is one, where is it?
>
> Thanks in advance....this is for my fatherinlaw's friend...its a
> 92/93ish 6
> cylinder Dak....

The resistor you're talking about is in the slide switch. It should be the
same as mine(Dodge used the same controls/part number as my 91 Shadow!). You
can't just get the switch, you gotta buy the whole control unit (about
$104US) since the switch is pop-rivited on the control unit. Ask your friend
if he has been smelling a burning smell when he is using the A/C or heater.
And also if the switch has any play when moved( like as if the detents
broke).

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ