Question for the audiophiles

From: Ollie Garcia (motoplex@midsouthmotoplex.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 1999 - 11:34:08 EDT

Well, last night I had my MTX Thunderform installed and I love it!! Many
thanks to all on the list who strongly recommended this box to me. I as
well HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who might be considering it. Now to my
current setup: I'm using a mtx 2150 to drive the thunderform box, and a mtx
275 for the front mb quart PKC113 in the stock location, and a pioneer
DEHP6000 4x45 driving the rear mb quarts DKC113 components in the stock
location. Overall the system sounds well balanced but I think I'm going to
need a little more power from the components. I'm happy with the mtx 2150
for the subs, I feel that the amp provides plenty for the box. However, my
installer tells me that we are stuck with the mtx 275 because that's the
only amp he had that would fit under the driver seat. He also told me that
even if we could fit something more powerful under the seat we would loose
staging and balance due to the fact that the front end will overwhelm the
rear. His recommendation: add some aftermarket kick-panel and a bigger amp
somewhere. Use that bigger amp to increase the front speakers and kick
panels level. My questions: 1.) Anyone using a more powerful amp that fits
under their seat? 2.)Anyone know of some custom kick-panel available for
the '99 Dak? TIA

-Ollie Garcia

info links:
http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/t275x.htm