Re: RE: Exhaust info

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Sun Aug 29 1999 - 23:43:41 EDT

Thnks for checking Bernd. I also did some checking and it looks like that might
end up being the way I go. Flowmaster, Gibson, Borla, the only others I was
interested in, do not make an exhaust for a '96 RC only the extended cab. I
read a while back that I might have a problem due to a different crossmember
behind the tranny and it looks like my fears were validated. I have been trying
to find a reputabale exhaust shop with a mandrel bender but no luck. Either
they are good but have no bender or they have one and want to rape you for the
custom work. I have called eight of these type shops (with the bender) and they
all want around 600-700 bucks for the work with a flowmaster 30. No frigg'n
way!!! I do know the owner of a real good shop that will install it for me and
put the tips and muffler on that I like for about 50-75 bucks. Gues that will
be my route. Thanks again.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport

p.s. anybody know who makes the MP headers for the '91-'96 daks? I know Mike
Leach makes them for the '97+ but not sure about the earlier ones. Also, who
make MP cat-back exhaust for the '91-'96 daks? Looking at different avenues