ordering his Y2K Dakota

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 00:38:26 EDT

Here are some suggestions and comments I have for Tom Perry.

I like the basic truck you are putting together. I would add the $60
radio controls on the steering wheel since you are getting the CD
player. If you've ever driven a Jeep with these, they're great and well
worth the money.
  Bigger Brake package? Get it, Bigger is better (stop quicker)
  3.92 Gears- Better for performance, worse for gas mileage. I would
decline on this upgrade if I were you and stick with the 3.55's for your
mileage goal. Definitely get the positraction rear with any V8 4X4
truck.
  Heavy duty packages: Get every one you can buy-the price is cheap
compared to what the upgrades offer. Get the suspension upgrade, the
cooling system upgrade, and the battery/alternator upgrade.
  Engines: V8. V6 is too underpowered for a 4X4 Xcab in my opinion.
If you are shy about the 4.7L, wait til about November and buy the
4-door coming out. But open up your check book first-you'll probably
pay sticker for it.
  Good luck, and read my next post for some general comments on Y2K
daks.
Patrick