Re: Door Speakers

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 11:35:56 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/99 10:16:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
j.mooberry@lmco.com writes:

<< Can anyone recommend a good pair of speakers to replace the stock ones in
 the door panel speakers? I don't even know what's in there, maybe 4" ,
 51/4"? Anyway, just the same, recommendations would be great. Thx.
 -J >>

I forgot what year your truck was, but here is what I did on my 93 Dakota. I
replaced the door speakers(stock size on mine were 5 1/4") with Pioneer 2way
6 1/2's, model number TS-A1648. What ever size speaker you go with, just make
sure the magnet doesn't come in contact with the window when it is rolled
down, I think I have about a 1/2" of clearance. The hole where the stock
speaker was mounted to was very big, and the 6 1/2's easily fit into the
hole. In the rear, I mounted Pioneer 3way 5x7's(TS-A5715) Speakers. A Pioneer
CD deck is in the dash. I did not go for some super high decibel competition
system, as you may tell. I justn wanted a nice, mild upgrade which sounds
better than the stock system; and it really does. Hope this helps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6