Re: Dynomax Exhaust

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 12:27:39 EDT

The "straight through", "baffled", "Sound Deflection Plates", etc...all
work as per their design. There isn't that much of a difference between
the Flowmaster, DynoMax, Gibson, or Borla mufflers that would make one or
the other better (or worse) than the other. All are excellent companies
that make an excellent product and the final decision is ultimately up to
you (and your pocketbook).
I have personally run the Walker DynoMax Super Turbo, Flowmaster 40 Series,
and Magna Flow mufflers on my truck and have decided on the Flowmaster
mainly because of the exhaust sound. None of them gave the truck any
better performance then the other.

> I am at the point of is it worth
>using an exhuast system with a baffled muffler (maintains 2 3/4" inside
>though)
>or a straight through system. Since I have a '96 the pickings are kinda slim
>since dodge did something to the truck.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm