Re: Dynomax Exhaust

From: durling@ibm.net
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 11:59:47 EDT

The ferd has to have more than a pea shooter for an engine to make any sound
anyway.... :-o. Anyway, thanks for the info. I am at the point of is it worth
using an exhuast system with a baffled muffler (maintains 2 3/4" inside though)
or a straight through system. Since I have a '96 the pickings are kinda slim
since dodge did something to the truck. Only foud a couple, one a no-name brand
for $170 and the other by Doug Thorley for $330. If ayone could give me the
pro's and con's of the different mufflers it would help. I understand the design
but I also know that a baffled muffler on an exhaust system that is designed
right can flow better than some of the one's with a straight through design. I
want to add headers in the future and change my air intake over to a ram-air
hood or a cone type setup. After that i'll eventually work on the cam, heads,
and intake. I will be putting on a MP PCM in the near future and an MSD
ignition. I already have a F&B stage I TB. I really would like some
info....please help.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport - V8