Re: Dynomax Exhaust

From: V8dakLECC@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 13:50:35 EDT

I have a Super Turbo Dual Outlet on my V8, $250 Installed with chrome tips.

I like it alot, good idle sound, not alot of highway drone. My dad has a
flowmaster on his Ferd V8, and it has an unusual resonance right at highway
cruise speed, kinda annoying. I've heard that this is typical for the two
chamber flowmaster?, but that isn't firsthand.

BTW, I think there are definite gains to be had in throttle response, and gas
mileage (not much, but some) with a exhaust system change in the dakotas. It
didn't do anything for my dads Ferd, but the muffler guy told him when he
installed it that the Ferd cats (yes, there are two) are the limiting factor
in the exhaust flow, and the cat-back wouldn't help performance.

The Dakotas (2nd gen at least) have a very high flow cat (3" in/out) and the
muffler/cat back components do factor in the exhaust flow.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto