Re: R/T Exhaust Upgrades

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 1999 - 13:54:00 EDT

According to info I've seen on the mesa headers tech talk BBS, the R/T
system (which is like the Ram's before the Cat) is LESS restrictive than the
Y pipe that Dakotas get without the R/T option, but there is still marginal
room for improvement there. They reccommended 2.5" pipes (mandrel bent, of
course) from headers to a 2.5" in, 3" out Y pipe going to a 3" high-flow
Cat. I think you could possibly see a small gain from dual Cat's, but I
would reccomend an X or H pipe before the Cats if you went with that
configuration. Of course this is all speculation.. YMMV.

Gary Shook
Penrose, CO