RE: Double Agents

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 07:58:16 EDT

Feel free to use whatever number you want. Just for curiosity's sake, when
did you become a double Dak owner? Norah had her first Dak in '93, I got
mine Aug. 31, '96. We didn't meet on the DML until Nov. 17, '96, and I
moved to Toronto on July 18, '96. We got married Nov. 17, '98. You're free
to pick whatever date you wish as the official day we became a 2-Dak
household. Personally, I go with the day I moved here, but if you're
anything like my parents you probably won't acknowledge that we were
together until we officially got married.

> I use the DML as my primary Dak informaton list as I think it to be the
> better of the "other" lists out there. Anyone who would think that another
> lister is any less an owner just because he or she doesn't own an
> R/T or an
> SLT or a Sport or whatever must have a pretty boring life. There
> is no point
> to this argument. I own two Dakotas, so one happens to be an R/T.
> Does this
> make me any better than the next person? I don't think so. I am just happy
> to have two Dakotas!

Well said. IMHO, Dakotas are rare enough and get so little attention from
the aftermarket that we should all really be sticking together rather than
trying to prove who has the most worthy ride. I've been known to take a few
good-natured digs at the cute new body style, but that doesn't mean I don't
like it.

(And if you don't like what I have to say, then I'm gonna start my own club,
and it'll be *really* exclusive. I'll only allow Toronto-area double 4x4
Dak owners. And only if they have one gen-II and one gen-III. And only if
one's black and one's white. Then Norah and I will be the only ones in it,
so there! :-)

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab 239 V6 5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab 318 V8 Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab 239 V6 Auto