Re: Dual Exhaust for a 3.9L V6

From: jimm (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 15:44:21 EDT

Take it from a former v6 owner. True duals are very noisy on a v6. I found the best
bet is to get a long as will fit, large inside diameter glaspack and "Y" the outlet
into 2 2' tailpipes. It has been my experience that a 2 chamber flowmaster sounds bad
on a v6 but the 3 chamber might be ok. The gibson muffler might be a good sound on a
v6. It will never sound like a v8 but you don't have to put up with that buzzy rice
burner sound either. PS don't remove the cat!