Re: Engine swap and attn:89 Shelbys!

From: Walter_Felix (Walter_Felix@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 18:25:23 EDT

Corey,

    I believe the Shelby's are using the same engine mounts, however they
are using an 89' 5.2 engine. The casting is different. The mounts bolt to
the engine block in a different location than the older "A" engines did.
Also, you may not be able to move that engine forward much more. The
Shelby's used electric fans because there was not enough clearance up front
to run a stock fan. It would probably be easier to move the mounts then the
engine. There was a long thread about this some time back. Try going
through the archives to find it.

Walter Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 & Y2K RAM Sport Quad Cab (Due Date in Oct.)
WWW.WALT-N-INGRID.COM