Re: Red Graphics

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 16:41:09 EDT

At 12:52 PM 9/9/99 PDT, you wrote:
>1. What is the best way to get those red graphics off my black truck
>without marring the paint or seeing the "shadow" after they're gone?

You can use a hair blower on the decals to soften the glue for removal.
3M has a adhesive remover that's quite effective. Use something
like Mequiar's (sp?) First Step to lessen/rid the 'shadow' effects,
polish/sealant to seal the paint, and a wax for long term protection.

>2. Anybody else have a the nightmare I did installing a Gibson catback
>w/dual rear exit? Seems it wasn't designed for my 31's. Would have been
>nice to know before that project started. Yes, I am still fuming over that
>one!

Mopar Muscle had an install article back in '97 which stated that the largest
spare tire that could be used was a 235/75x15 ... but that doesn't help now.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC NSV Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.