RE: Off-Road tires

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 10:51:18 EDT

Although I've never had them, I've heard really good things about the
Thornbirds. They're from Interco, so like the Swampers, they won't last as
long as the M/T's-- but I think they're a little cheaper. I've heard their
"all terrain" center tread packs with mud really easy so they rely on the
side lugs for traction. I may be wrong, but I think they come in pretty
wide sizes, so you may not be able the use your stock wheels. I'm happy
with the Swamper radials, very noisy though, but that is half the fun!!

John McKinney