Re: speedometer off

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 23:38:51 EDT

If you look at where the speedo cable goes into the tranny, it is an
elliptical circle. I think that by rotating it, you can get your speedo
back to where you want it. A coupla years back, my speedo cable was
squeaking, so I removed it there in an attempt to lube it - when I put it
back together my speedo was off, so I took it apart and moved it and got my
speedo back.

I never could understand why everyone says "go to the dealer and get the
correct speedo gear" - I guess the newer trannys don't have the elliptical
feature that allows you to adjust your speedo...... but then again, I still
like my super-accurate bike speedo I put on the truck ;-)

p.s. - be careful when tightening up the big nut that tightens the speedo
cable to the tranny - this is NOT a strong piece and will easily break if
you put a little too much pressure on it (it will cost you $60 for a new
piece if you break it - don't ask me how I know).

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate