Re: speedometer off

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 23:52:39 EDT

I'ma go ask a tranny shop how much it is to install one of these speedo
correction gears. i'll post tomorrow. but i'll check the Elliptical feature
too. how do you know it's CORRECT? or did your bike speedo tell you so?
-Dester

<< I never could understand why everyone says "go to the dealer and get the
 correct speedo gear" - I guess the newer trannys don't have the elliptical
 feature that allows you to adjust your speedo...... but then again, I still
 like my super-accurate bike speedo I put on the truck ;-)

 p.s. - be careful when tightening up the big nut that tightens the speedo
 cable to the tranny - this is NOT a strong piece and will easily break if
 you put a little too much pressure on it (it will cost you $60 for a new
 piece if you break it - don't ask me how I know).

 '92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
 '84 GoldWing Interstate